Repotting Vincent's forest

During the weekend I was repotting hornbeam forest. Too many roots, so it was time for some reduction. Thing went back to its current container made by Vinco. It easily could go into something smaller but nothing of that sort is available so far.  New substrate is pure Teramol plus rough peat. I hope it will make it easier to carry around. I still prefer mixture with zeolite but they are heavier so I try to avoid them in larger containers, since I'm getting older and weaker. 


Group as taken from winter storage





Double root was little annoying so I cut the top one. 



Quite a lot of removed roots on left, hmm? 


In new substrate, thoroughly watered. Sorry for lousy picture but with water in to heavy to move around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonsai Winter Protection