Air layer on Cornus

On this cornus during last year two shots accidentally grew on strange positions. I decided not to remove them and later try to air layer them so they will be converted to roots if it will work. So I did as you can see on pictures. Bark was removed, cambium was scratched with sharp tool, wire was applied and tighten. Then it was whole covered by chopped moss. Big zeolit (16-32mm) parts were added on top to prevent birds from using my moss as material for nests as they usually like to do. I will wait few months and I wonder if it works. I will report on success or failure for sure.
Na tejto drienke ktorú mám už dlhšie mi minulý rok narástli 2 výhony na kmeni takmer pri koreňoch. Od začiatku som uvažoval, že sa ich pokúsim premeniť potopením na korene. Tak som sa do toho pustil. Tu môžte vidieť pár fotiek. Odstránil som kôru, oškrabal kambium ostrým nástrojom, priškrtil som to ešte drôtom a tak zasypal posekaným machom. Na vrch so dal hrubý zeolit (16-32mm) aby mi ten mach nekradli vtáky na stavby svojich hniezd. Počkám teraz pár mesiacov a som veľmi zvedavý či to vyjde. O prípadnom úspechu alebo zlyhaní sem určite napíšem.

 



Spruces

Spruce No.2 (on left) moved into new pot couple of days ago. So new spruce (No. 7, on right and second picture) moved into empty chinese po...